Odin for Mac: Download and Install jOdin3 on MacOS
Getting your Android device connected with your iOS MacBook, iMac, or MacBook Air is not easy. You find minimal tools available to perform this task.
Therefore, if you do own an Android Smartphone and need a connecting to for your MacOS you are in luck. Here you can find a reliable app called Odin for Mac users.
Learn about the fantastic application and what requirements you need to download and install jOdin3 on your Mac operating system here.
Odin for Mac: Download & Install jOdin3 on MacOS:
Odin: What is it?
If you own a Samsung Smartphone this flash tool will help, you connect your Android device to iOS, Linux, and Windows. Today we will be discussing Odin for Mac to flash your Smartphone firmware. All you need to do is connect your phone with your Mac and use the Odin or download mode.
The app works as a flashing firmware, boot loader recovers data, and updates the kernel rooting of your device. The most frequently used functions with Odin for Samsung is as follow:
- Flash Stock Firmware – the tool helps fix issues related to boot loop, crash, and more
- Flash Custom Firmware – with Odin you can flash your custom firmware to modify or replace contents on the ROM
- Flash Recovery File – for those of you familiar with Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) Odin allows you to do custom recover or Flash Stock.
- Flash Kernels – Odin allows you to get special features not present in the kernel and need the Odin Flashable Kernel “.tar” and needs to be compatible with your current device to use
- Flash Root Package – furthermore, it can Flash Custom Root to give systems access to your device
Now the big question, how do you use Odin on Mac as Samsung only designed it for the Windows OS? Currently, Samsung is still working on compatible versions to use with other operating systems. Luckily, some experts designed jOdin3 to work with Mac.
The software is similar to Odin and works in the same way as it would work on Windows. The system is compatible with Mac OS, but before you start downloading it, makes sure you have the latest version to work with your computer.
What is the latest Odin Version?
The latest version of Odin is jOdin3 to use with your Mac. You can find it quickly and readily available online at different websites. We recommend you use trusted websites when downloading the software to provide you with a healthy environment to work. Always be careful as some sites offer a download with hyperlinks and trap you with fake links.
What are the requirements to use Odin on Mac?
You can look at the following requirements to make sure jOdin3 will work on your Mac OS:
- Make sure your Mac is running the latest MacOS for the tool to operate your device
- Make sure to check if the jOdin3 software is the newest version available to help modify the features of your phone.
- You can update your Mac with USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy devices to detect your mobile device after connecting.
- Download only the latest Odin version and your Mac must not have Kies installed with it for the software to work smoothly. You can download the latest version here.
- Furthermore, install the latest Java version on your Mac enabling it to run Odin correctly.
- We, recommend you install Heimdall separately from Java.
Steps to Download and Install jOdin3 on Mac
Now that you know what the Odin software is, we have reached the point to download and install the software on your computer. Downloading and installing Odin for Mac is comfortable with the following steps below. However, before you get started, make sure to reread the requirements section.
- Start by fulfilling the needed prerequisites before downloading Odin on Mac.
- Download your latest jOdin3 version from here and head over to your download folder to locate the software.
- Now extract the folder after the download is complete and open it to install on your device.
- The installation is going to take some time so best be patient. Once completed the Odin for Mac should appear on the screen.
- Now you can start using the software for your Samsung device directly from your Mac operating system
How do you Use jOdin3?
- With the home window still open, you will see loads of options appearing on how you can utilize the software.
- Scroll through and tap the PDA tab to open up.
- Now navigate through to the .tar.md5 file.
- After completing the section, you need to boot your mobile to the download mode or use the Odin mode. You do this by pressing the volume down key, power key, and home key at the same time while rebooting.
- Now uncheck all the available options on the window and keep the auto reboot option unchecked.
- Click the start button, and after a few minutes when the flashing is done, the device reboots automatically.
For the easiest way to connect your Android device to your Mac, jOrdin3 is your most reliable option available. You can root your Samsung via the CF-Auto-Root method and one of the fastest and safest ways. However, before you start flashing your device, we recommend you make a copy of the data.