UK Passport renewal in Australia:
British citizens who are residing in the Australia can renew their current passport by mail via the British embassy in Washington D.C. the renew passport will be develop in UK and it will be returned to you in Australia, you will receive the passport through courier service within five weeks.
Steps to be followed for applying for UK passport renewal from Australia:
- Firstly you need to download and complete Form C1/C2, which you can download from the U.K. Foreign and Commonwealth Office website. Read all the conditions and terms precisely so as to be sure on all the details of the form, many applications are rejected just because of incorrect form details.
- Submit two passport-sized photographs(recent photos) taken within a month of submitting your application. Each photo should be of measures 1.3 by 1.7 inches and should be colored photo.
- Take a sign of an acceptable person at the back of one of your photographs to confirm the true identity of yourself.
- Make a payment for your application, you need to pay 211$ , plus additional $33 for courier charges. The payment should be done by credit cards or money order or cashier’s or banker’s cheque payable at ‘British Embassy Government Account’
- Send the application form, photographs and all the supporting documents at Regional Passport Processing Center at the British Embassy by courier. The address of Embassy is, 19 Observatory Circle N.W., Washington, DC 20008.