UK Passport renewal
Uk Passport renewal system is a very pioneer service through which you can renew or make a new passport with simple steps to follow. The passport renewal service is different for both adult as well as child.
Renewal of your Adult Passport:
The renewal process for your passport in UK is different then other country, you can renew or simply renew the passport at any time, which thus allows flexibility for the citizen to renew as per his/her convenience.
The renewal of passport usually takes up to 3 weeks, you can use a different service to get the passport urgently or immediately.
The correctness of the provided information is must as if the less correct information is provided may lead to longer delay in passport renewal, this may occur in a case the information filled in an application is not correct.
Renewal of adult passport if it is stolen or lost ?
In such a case when a passport is lost or stolen then the adult may have to attend an interview and in this case the renewal of the passport may take longer time.
UK Passport renewal for Adult Passport Fees:
Fees for adult passport renewal is £72.50, £81.25 through the Post Office’s Passport Check and Send service. The passport renewal allows adding the remaining time left in your current passport to the new passport which can be up to maximum of 9 months.
Steps to apply for a renewal of adult passport:
If you are living in UK, then you need to follow the following steps:
- Click on link, https://www.gov.uk/apply-renew-passport
- Then request for an application form online, the link to that is, https://www.gov.uk/get-passport-application-form
- You can also get one from a Post Office that offers the Passport Check and Send service. Click on https://www.gov.uk/how-the-post-office-check-and-send-service-works for more information.
- You can also contact the Passport Advice-line to send you by post the form.
- Passport Customer Care:
Telephone: 0300 222 0000
Text Relay: 18001 0300 222 0000
Text-phone: 0300 222 0222
The service is open from Monday to Friday, 7 am to 10 pm and for Saturday, Sunday and public holidays, 8 am to 6 pm.
Documents required to be submitted while submitting the application form:
Photos: 2 identical photos (new) of the applicants, the improper photos may lead to delay of the application processing.
Counter-signatories: just in a case when the correctness of the photos is not provided you can get your application form and one photo which should be signed by someone else like gazetted officer to prove your original identity in a case if;
- Applicant is not identified by the photo in a current passport.
- The scenario in which you are replacing a lost or stolen or damaged passport.
Visas that are unexpired:
When a applicant is renewing the passport which has visa that is unexpired, in such a case the applicant need to submit the previous passport with the visa attached to it with the application. This is a compulsory step, as after proper verification the previous passport will be returned to the applicant,thus he/she can use the previous passport with unexpired visa to be used later.
How to send your application:
After downloading the online application form ,filling up all the details and attaching all the needed documents then application need to be posted to the address mentioned in the application form.
You need to send the form,photos and all the supporting documents to the mentioned address on the application form.
The paper applications can be post via the same pre-printed envelope that comes with the form you get, you should attach all the supporting documents and the photos and the form.
You can also use the Passport Check and Send service, but you cant use this service if you applied online for the passport renewal service.
- In a case if you applied online;
- Payment should be done by using credit card or debit card.
- In a case if you applied by post;
- Payment should be done by credit or debit card by filling in the form in the application pack
- Cheque , that should be payable to ‘Her Majesty’s Passport Office’.
After all the processing is done on the renewal process the renewed passport will be sent to the applicant either by courier or Royal Mail Recorded Delivery.