Passport Status- Get Your Passport Application Status Online:
Passport is a very important travel document which certifies the holder’s nationality and identity so that they can travel. The document issued by the government of the country where the citizen lives and thus it is a very crucial document as well. Passports consist information including citizen’s name, date of birth, signature, a small photo and some other identifying information because a passport made after some verification, which makes passport a very important document. And to make it easy to get a passport is also made easy by Indian government by taking the complete process online.
By taking the whole process online, the Indian government has made it easy to either apply or check the status of passport. The process is simplified, and now anyone at their home can simply know everything about their passports.
Passport seva – Passport seva Kendra
Now you can easily track your passport status, and if you haven’t applied for a passport yet, then you can apply for it online. Although you’ll be called to the concerned office to submit your passport seva documents, the application filling procedure is online now. So if you haven’t applied for a passport yet then, you can follow these simple steps to do that.
How to Apply for Passport:
It’s straightforward to apply for a passport now since all the process is online. Follow these simple steps, and you’ll be done with your passport form in no time at all.
Passport seva login – Passport seva Kendra Login
- Visit the Passport Seva website.
- Find the “New User” link to register to the website.
- Confirm your registration through the link which you’ll get in an email.
- Once registered, passport seva login to the website.
- Once you logged in using your account, then find “Apply for fresh passport” and click on that.
- This will take you to the form which you need to fill for the passport. You can also download it and upload it later.
- Now go on filling all the information correctly since any faulty information can lead to rejection of your application.
- Once you fill a complete page, then click, or submit and that will take you to next page.
- Fill the information in all the pages and submit the form.
- After you were done, you’ll be asked for the payment and schedule the appointment.
- You can select the nearby center to go, and there will be a specific date on which you’ll have to be there.
- You can also opt for SMS alert during the payment so that you get an SMS alert before your appointment.
- Once you were done with the payment, then you’ll be given a receipt with the application number. Print that and take it with you during the appointment.
These are all the steps which are needed to apply for your passport online and then; you have to go to the center. There you’ll submit application receipt with the required photocopies of the passport seva documents.
But what if you have already applied for the passport and all you want to do is, check the status of it. There is an easy way of doing that as well.
How to check passport application status online
Since all the procedure regarding passport shifted online, that’s why you can easily check your application’s status online. Thanks to our government that they made it online and now you can follow the simple steps below to check the status. Do remember that you should only start looking for the status of your application after five business days.
- You need to click here for checking the status of your passport application.
- The page which will open, there you’ll have to select the Application Type.
- Now you’ll have to submit the file number for your passport application. You can find this file number at the acknowledgment letter which you got after submission of passport form. The file number will be 15 digits long.
- Now you need to select the date of birth which you fill in the form.
- Finally, you’ll click the option for “Track Status.”
- Once clicked on Track Status, you’ll be able to see the status of your passport application.
These are the simple steps which you need to follow for checking your passport application status online. The process is easy and will not take much of your time. Moreover, if you want to know anything else then, you can use this toll-free number for national call center 1800 258 1800. This number can help you get any information which you are looking regarding your passport.
You’ll also receive an SMS relating to the status of your passport application. The message in the application can say anything as “Passport dispatched,” “Application Submitted” or any other message. Every message will have a different meaning, and you can easily get the idea that what’s the status of your passport.
Passport Application Status by SMS or by Call
You can not only check your passport’s status online but, you can also check it with an SMS or by a call. This SMS facility is very handy, and all you have to do is, type an SMS, and you’ll get all the information you need. You can also call the RPO or the Seva Kendra office to inquire about the status of your passport application. But, you should only contact the Seva Kendra office once you have submitted the passport application.
Passport seva Kendra timings:
Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) Timing are as follows:
Working Days: Monday-Friday
Working Hours: 9:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Token Issuance: 9:30 AM – 4:00 PM
Lunch Hours: 1:30 PM – 2:00 PM
For the SMS you will have to type STATUS <YOUR FILE NUMBER> and then send it to 970 4100 100. After this, you’ll get a reply with the status of your passport. All you need to do is remember your application number which you got with acknowledgment letter. This will help you know about your application status anytime you want. A well You can check more details at their Official passport seva portal or passport seva online portal.
You should also know that it’s easy to get information via SMS but, information at the internet updated in real time. So it’ll be much better to check the status online once to be very sure of the correct status.