Verify your PAN Card Online – How to Verify Pan Card? – PAN Card Online Verification Facility Available on official website at www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
Pan Card is very important and useful identity proof for any person who is a citizen of India or living in India. According to Income Tax Department of India, PAN (Permanent Account Number) is mandatory for any person living and earning in India. And there are also many financial activities where the Assessee needs to provide Pan Card as identity. The Assessee has to give Pan Card in banking transactions for more than amount of Rs.50,000/- (either Receipt / Payment). Then any person who wish to invest in Stock Market / Bonds / Mutual Funds etc., required to present Pan Card to open a Demat Account.
How to Verify Pan Card? Online Verification of PAN.
In a present time, Sometimes the PAN card provides to any entity / organization is not real or sometimes a person is having more than one PAN at a time. To get clear with the confusion / error and to face such cheats / malpractices, the Income Tax India provides a facility to verify PAN online. The facility is named KNOW YOUR PAN. The Pan Card verification facility is available for Assessee to know whether the PAN is active or not. The PAN Verification is also useful for the organizations / entities to whom the PAN Card copy / PAN Application copy. The Facility to check online PAN verification in Bulk for Government users and Financial Institutions.
The Steps to Verify Pan Card Online:
- Log on to official website at www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
- Find out the link on the left side of the webpage, KNOW YOUR PAN.
- Select the link to open Online PAN Verification Portal.
- There will be five boxes on the portal, Date of Birth (DD/MM/YYYY), Surname, Middle Name, First Name and Captcha Code (as displayed in image above the fifth box).
- Enter the details correctly and submit to verify your Pan card.
Direct Link for Verification of Pan Card: Click Here to Verify Your PAN Online