What is TDS Certificate Form 16A
In present situation Form 16A is totally different and autonomous of filing of e-TDS statement on basis of quarterly statement and there is great probability of difference in TDS certificate in Form 16 which result into form 26AS cannot be entirely rule out.
So to avoid all this probability of mismatch and to overcome it, the CBDT has issue circular on 13th may 2011 of which one circular of CBDT was previously issued on 9th april, 2012. Due to which a common link has establish between Form 16A and Form 26AS which includes TDS certificate through Tax Information Network website which will allow a deductor to get TDS Certificate in Form 16A on the basis of the e-TDS statement figures reported by individual.
Various topic and agenda clarified in circular by CBDT:
According to new circular it inform to the banking company that on or after 1st april 2011 the deductor have to compulsory issue TDS Certificate in Form 16A which will generate through Tax Information Network system which is centralized and will download with unique TDS certificate number from TIN website according to the sum of all amount deducted on the same date or after 1st april 2011, under provision of Chapter –XVII-B excluding section 192.
Form 16a Download:
But as we know that deductor is itself a individual identity other than company or any banking institute, so can issue TDS Certificate in Form 16A which will generate through Tax Information Network system which is centralized and will download with unique TDS certificate number from TIN website according to the sum of all amount deducted on the same date or after 1st april 2011, under provision of Chapter –XVII-B excluding section 192.
How to verify Form 16A online
There is certain process and steps to get TDS certificate through Tax Information Network website which is given below:
- 1. Tax deduction Account Number is to register by deductor with NSDL website. First step is to login on www.tin-nsdl.com then click on “online TAN registration” and follow further procedure Form 16.
- 2. After the registration a specific reference number is allotted to the deductor which should be note down for future process.
- 3. From the NSDL website a email will also send to deductor informing about the specific reference number, password, username etc..
- 4. Now again login to the home page by entering www.tin-nsdl.com and login to Account.
- 5. Enter the password, name and received TAN number.
- 6. Next process is to fill up all the information of every quarter as per requirement, on the next moment a text file is received on your register email id from NSDL.
- 7. Now convert this text file into PDF format by using converter.
- 8. Take a copy of that certificate and check it out.
form 16a download, form no 16a, income tax form 16a, tds form 16a, form 16a format, form 16a income tax, 16a form